Friday, September 21, 2007

And in knitting news.....Cat Borhdi's: New Pathways for Sock Knitters and the Stitch Markers


Yeah, I know -- it's about time, right? This _IS_ supposed to be a knitting blog after all -- but my rotor cuff is still really messed up and I have been too scared to mess it up more by doing any knitting. BUT -- I think I'm over that and ready to get my knit on again before I have no hair left at all.

So, in the spirit of preparing myself for "THE" day, of course I had to treat myself to a small little gift. Since Cat Bordhi's book is on my wish list (and we all know how addicted I am to the almighty sock!) -- I decided to find the stitch markers before they were all sold out! And find them I did! Check these out, my friends!!






I know my photography skills have not improved -- and these really are nicer in person, but aren't they cute? If you click the picture, you will see a larger view and really get up close and personal with the cute little devils :) I am SO happy with them.

If you'd like a set of your own, (I special ordered mine because I liked the beads she used on another set of beads she offered, from Canada -- and they were here in LESS than a week -- but she is now offering them in her etsy store!!!) I cannot recommend Tricia highly enough.

Her prices are awesomely fair, and she's super sweet and quick as lightning! Her etsy shop is called Knit Jewelry if you'd like to have your own set -- check her out!

From what Ms. Cat seems to think -- in the very near future, she sees ALL patterns being written using either lettered or numbered stitch markers, and I can see where she's coming from! If you think about it, it makes a WHOLE lot of sense. Rather than just telling you to knit to a marker -- you can be instructed to knit to marker A and do "blah. blah. blah" then to marker "B" and SSK....I think that the Genius AKA Cat Bordhi is on to something.....again! She is someone that I would SO love to meet!! I've seen her on Knitty Gritty and she's fascinating to me -- she knits with circs behind her back (and I wouldn't be surprised if she could do it standing on her head too -- she's extremely passionate about knitting!) Ah, well. Unless she comes to my house, chances of that happening are NIL. :(

No comments: