Thursday, April 12, 2007

Orders from Da Man.....

And Da Man in this case would be my Doctor :(

And I am NOT happy. NO KNITTING. For I don't even know how long. I should not be using the computer or lying on my left side either -- now, what the heck am I supposed to do? I can't use the computer, knit OR sleep! OY!

I have somehow managed to tear my musculotendinous (rotator) cuff and get tendinitis in my shoulder (I think....I stopped listening when he said I couldn't knit), although it's more my arm that is giving me a problem.

How, you ask? Couldn't tell ya....I don't have a clue?! All I can tell you is that it HURTS like a and I am so disgusted with LIFE that I want to spit AND despite the fact that I am already quite medicated due to other problems that I have been suffering with for many years -- I cannot for the life of me understand how I can be in this much pain. I am nauseous from the pain it hurts so much...I am not a happy camper....but now at least I know why I have been having such a hard time knitting -- it's not all in my head!

I really do want this to heal as soon as possible -- but I really don't know how long I will be able to comply with his orders. I don't know what the heck I am going to do all day without my two best friends...how does one live with both the computer AND knitting being taken away from them at the same time?? And I also sleep ONLY on my left side, which I have been ordered not to do any more; or at least until this heals -- so I can't even sleep! I am going to be quite a $itch by the time this is over!!

TTFN....I think I am going to see if I can rig up a sling to support this arm so I can see if I can knit without putting pressure on the tendons, if I have to go for months without any pleasure -- I might as well just shoot myself now! I will report back if I can come up with something, but DON'T tell anyone, ok?? SHHHHHH, it's a HUGE secret!! ::gg::

2 comments:

sebskins said...

Oh poor you, I am so sorry that you're not well again. No knitting, no computer, I'd die!!! Take it easy and rest. Will be thinking of you xx {hugs}

Nikki said...

That's awful! So sorry you hurt your arm. Sending well wishes your way! Instead of knitting, you could buy patterns and magazines of knitting and look at those. I do that sometimes when I'm tired of knitting or can't knit for whatever reason.