Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The Principals of Knitting - YEE HAW!


In some of the best news I have heard in a VERY long time -- I got a wild hair up my butt the other day when I saw was the most recent prices are for The Principals of Knitting and I decided to write to the publisher and see if there was any truth to the rumor that the book was going to be reprinted.

To my astonishment and DELIGHT!!!!! I got a response, from a REAL LIVE PERSON! And it's TRUE, it's REALLY TRUE!!! They ARE planning on doing a reprint based on its popularity and the number of requests they are getting for the book -- Isn't that GREAT NEWS? Here is the letter I got :)

Darlene,

Thank you for your email. Due to the high demand for this out of print
title, Simon & Schuster is planning a reproduction of THE PRINCIPLES OF
KNITTING by June Hemmons Hiatt. The release of this book is tentatively
scheduled for the summer or fall of 2009. This timeframe, of course, is
subject to change and/or postponement. Please refer to our website at
www.simonsays.com periodically for updates.

You may also wish to visit our SimonSays.com Discussion Boards to
discuss the book with other knitters here:

http://www.simonsays.com/content/feature.cfm?feature_id=468&tab=8

Sincerely,

Name removed for privacy

SimonSays.com

So if you've been hunting for the book and been to the point where I was and almost placed a bid on the OUTRAGEOUSLY priced old version -- go splurge on a bit of yarn, and wait for the new version to come out and still be ahead of the game!

I am FINALLY feeling well enough to try to begin knitting again -- keep your fingers crossed for me, please! I hope I remember how -- it's been a L O N G time and I am so ready :)

1 comment:

Grace said...

its like riding a bike you may fall once or twice but you will get the hang of it!!